The holiday season has finally come and it is time that you decide where you will be spending all the hard earned money and charging up your batteries. And yes, we know that it might not be the easiest thing to do – our world is so diverse and basically, any country has unique sites and attractions to offer. Still, with the right planning and organization, you will be able to experience at least a good percentage of it during your lifetime. One of the most fascinating regions to visit certainly is the Balkan Peninsula. You will get to fall in love with Ancient Greek heritage sites, beautiful nature of Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro, and of course the Croatian Riviera. And certainly one of the things we should not forget is tasty food and local hospitality!
So you have decided to visit the Balkan Peninsula but where to go first. Well, if we are talking about summer holiday visiting the Tara river and mountain is something that you simply have to do. The rafting on Tara is one of the most enchanting things you can experience during the months of July and August. River Tara flows through Bosnia and Hercegovina and Montenegro, while the mountain itself stands in West Serbia. There are more than a few reasons why you should spend at least a few days in this region, and fall in love with the beautiful nature, hospitality, and food!
Why You Should Go Rafting Tara
1. First and foremost, the Tara canyon is one of the most beautiful in the whole world and the nature around it is mesmerizing. It is one of the rare untouched nature parks in this region and that is why it is so awesome. You will get to enjoy and listen to Tara’s flow while having an enchanting look at the mountain and surrounding nature from one of your bungalows. And once it is time to go rafting you will realize that all the stories about river Tara being crystal clear are perfectly true – and while it is somewhat colder that is a part of the rafting experience.
2. Along with that, it certainly is one of the best ways to spend your holiday days due to the fact that instead of being in a busy city you will be enjoying in nature away from all the usual jams and noise. Renting a wooden house or a bungalow will allow you to experience the environment to its fullest and believe us it will be one of the best social adventures you had in a long time. You will meet a lot of like-minded people who are there to relax and have fun the same as you, and who knows, you may even develop life-lasting relationships!
3. Rafting Tara will give you a huge adrenaline kick – it lasts for about 4 hours as the route is around 16 kilometers, and you will make few stops on the way to experience the waterfalls. Come prepared and don’t let the waterfalls surprise you – the temperature there is at around 7 degrees Celsius!
4. While rafting itself might be physically demanding you will still get to rest, and once you come back from this trip you will feel like you are reborn. One of the biggest reasons for that is that you will get to experience the Balkan hospitality and tasty food. And believe us, Balkan people know to enjoy the food. From different pies and dairy products to tasty lamb and pork meat you will get a full hedonistic Don’t forget the rakia which we know you will have more than a shot of!
5. Last but not least, the Rafting Tara is an adventure that has been professionally organized for more than a few decades – you will be able to enjoy and relax without worrying about technicalities which will all be arranged by the relevant agency.
It would be safe to say that Tara region is one of the most beautiful ones in the whole Balkans and something you simply can’t miss on. A couple of days there will be more than enough to recharge your batteries, meet love people, get your adrenaline dose and move on to the next Balkan spot!